Getting a job requires preparing and starting early, gaining experience, conducting research, and attending events where you can meet meet employers and professionals. More effort and using all resources yield better results. HireBC is where we post jobs/internships, access HireBC via portal.brooklyn.edu (Career section).
- Be Prepared
- Review the Resume/Cover Letter Quick Reference to ensure you have an error-free resume and cover letter that markets your skills to employers
- Review the Interview Quick Reference to ensure you are properly prepared
- Review all of our quick reference guides which include topics such as how to network and what to wear. Also check out themuse.com for career tips.
- Attend our relevant workshops such as Job Search 101
- Do Research
- Use the Firsthand for job postings, company overviews, career videos etc.
- Access employer directories for a wide area of industries/occupations through FirstHand. Indeed.com and Glassdoor.com are also great resources for company information, salary, interview questions etc.
- Connect With Employers
- Attend information sessions with employers, career conferences, company visits and/or panels focused on specific industries/career fields
- Attend our October and/or March job/internship fair as well as job fairs off campus.
- Search for jobs on various search sites such as HireBC (exclusive to BC students accessible via portal.brookly.edu) indeed.com, themuse.com. linkedin.com, internships.com and apply to many jobs/internships
- Network with Professionals
There are additional tips and resources if you are looking for something part-time or an internship