The Magner Career Center offers stipend awards up to $5,000 for the fall, spring and summer semesters.
- Learn more about our stipends and external stipends by viewing our short video. Hear more about the program from former recipients and donors.
- Internship Stipend Awards enable students to accept off-campus, volunteer or low-paying internships (student teaching/research qualify) that they would not have otherwise been able to afford.
- Students are encouraged to also apply to External Internship Stipend Programs
How are stipends awarded?
The stipends are competitive. Last year approximately 30% of those that applied received an award. Each stipend may have specific requirements as to who is eligible. Winners are selected from each school. Review the application for the specific criteria. Students must meet the minimum to even qualify. Winners are determined by their letter of recommendation, their resume and their responses to several essays.
How do students apply?
Please note that all applications are looked at after the deadline. We do not review them as they come in.
- Complete the online application form and send all required materials via email as directed in the application by the deadline (see application for specific deadlines):
- Students apply before having secured the internship. The next application period will be in the October for students interning spring 2015. Deadline for Summer/Fall internship stipends is in March.
What happens if I win?
Winners will receive half of their payment about a 4-6 weeks after they apply. Students are required to complete paperwork and write a thank you letter to your donor. Winners should review the guidelines and samples to assist them in writing a quality letter. Students receive the 2nd half of their award towards end of the internship/semester at a luncheon honoring the winners and the donors.
Who are the previous winners?
This past spring/summer there were 76 winners out of more than 200 applications coming from all majors and career interests (winners are chosen from each school). Learn a bit more about the program from a recipient. Check out our video, featuring recipients and donors.
Who do I contact if I have questions or need more information?
Natalia Guarin-Klein, Associate Director for Internships and Alumni Programs
1303 James Hall, Brooklyn College
Phone: (718) 951-5696 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org