Pre-Law Handbook 2017-2018 .pdf(Students download everything you need to know going forward)
What is a Law School Forum? Click on the link below:
NYC Law School Forum dates are:
Friday, October 20, 2017
Saturday, October 21, 2017
Register on-line at : http://www.lsac.org/2016forums/index.html
What are 10 things Every Pre-Law Student Should Know?
- Connect with the Prelaw Program
- Search for Financial Aid
- Begin networking
- Keep a journal of experiences and observations
- Take the Kaplan Mock LSAT Exams for practice every semester
- . Research law schools early and determine your best-fit law schools
- Make sure your professors know you (visit during office hours, speak up in class, and attend class)
- Select a major of study that you enjoy
- Get involved around campus and the student club community
- Meet law school deadlines
- Register for Stanley Geen Memorial-Internship Stipend
- Register for 2017 Stanley Geen LSAT Stipend
Important: All student applicants MUST have a current social security card!!!!!!
1) Scholarship Acknowledgement Letter (will be attached in the email sent to you)
2) Use IT-2014E is for students under the age of 25. If you are under 25 but not a full time student then you must use IT-2014 instead
3) You will complete the W4 Form
4) Contact the Fiscal and Business Office to complete your I-9 form appointment and submit the above documents. If you are unable to meet with Fiscal and Business office you may lose your award since all paperwork has to be submitted by a specific deadline. They will ask you to bring your social security card (no exceptions) and a photo ID (passport, school ID, license etc. ALL Current documents). Therefore, review the I-9 form on-line. So that you are familiar with what are acceptable documents to bring and to make sure you have them and they are current (not expired).
5) Students will need to submit a thank you letter for the donor in order to start the payment process.
- You are encouraged to make an appointment with a writing tutor at the Learning Center to have them look over your thank you note to ensure there are no mistakes or grammatical errors.
- We have samples for you to use as a guide (do not copy the letter since several students will be sending the donor a thank you letter).
If you are an international student, please let me know since you have to do some additional documents. If you have any questions, please contact: Pam Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Pre-Law Resources
- Facebook Fan Page Link : http://www.facebook.com/BrooklynCollege.PreLaw
- Research law careers and decide which field of law most interests you (PDF)
- Review the Law School Preparation Checklist 2017-2018 .pdf (PDF)
- Is Law School for Me.pdf
- The LSAT.pdf
- The Application.pdf
- Financial Aid.pdf
- Visit the LSAC Thinking About Law School and Applying to Law School Website
- Research law schools and programs
- 2017-2018-Pre-Law Intake Sheet.doc
- 2017 Pre- Law Calendar Spring 2017 Pre-Law Calendar.pdf
Law School information Digital / Video Publications / Webinar Series
Pathway to Becoming a Professional: a Guide for Pre-Law Students
Tuesday, November 8, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., EDT
Join us for this informative presentation that will focus on the importance of professionalism for aspiring attorneys. Topics to be covered in this webinar include a discussion of what it means to be a professional; how and why professionalism can impact your success in the law school application process; and, how a display of professionalism can advance your legal career and personal brand. Following panelists' remarks will be a Q&A segment during time webinar participants will be able to ask questions of the presenters.
Our Expert Presenters
Karen Graziano is an experienced career consultant, a professional writing instructor, and the pre-law advisor at Princeton University. She founded the Pre-Law and Professional Development programs and courses at Villanova University and has been actively involved in the Northeast Association of Pre-Law Advisors, including serving as NAPLA president.
Victoria Turco has served as pre-law advisor at Georgetown University since 2008. In prior positions, she served as a nationwide career counselor and advisor for lawyers, associate university counsel, and as a litigation associate. She is an active member of the Northeast Association of Pre-Law Advisors, currently serving as At-Large Board Member.
Fall 2017 Webinar Series
- EST: Cracking the LSAT: Tips for Maximizing Your Score on the LSAT
- EST: Law School 101: Insights from Current Students
- EST: Crafting a Winning Law School Personal Statement
- EST: Careers in Private Practice and Government
- EST: Careers in Private Practice and Government
Florida State University College of Law video: http://www.law.fsu.edu/prospective_students/VideoViewbook/deans-message.html
Focus LSAT Approach at Albany Law School, Touro Law School, and Pace Law School:
* For more information please visit the Magner Career Center at 1303 James Hall or call 718-951-5696 to schedule an appointment with the Pre-Law Research Assistant.
Magner Career Center Staff
Pre-Law Research Assistant
1303 James Hall
Prof. Anna Gotlib
Tuesday & Thursday
*And by appointment
Professor Anna Gotlib
Pre-Law Academic Adviser
3300 Boylan Hall